Monday, October 20, 2008

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my birthday and the same thoughts are running through my head as every year at this time. What amazing thing have I accomplished in my life? What extraordinary thing have I done so far? What big differences have I made in this world? What is so special about me? I have not climbed the highest mountain, I have not saved a life, I have not discovered a cure to a disease, nor have I managed to win a damn award for any thing. The years keep coming and going and my biography does not seem to improve or grow in any shape or form.
All of the things that I have accomplished in my life are those that others have done so as well. Obtaining degrees and a job, getting married and building a house, buying a car and traveling, what is so extraordinary about that?
I want to travel for the purpose of saving lives, I want to write a book, I want to climb mountains, I want to live amongst the underserved, I want to change lives, I want to make a legacy, I want to support a cause, I want to make a difference, I want to see the world. I can do so much more, I can be so much better, I can give so much more.
Tomorrow is my birthday and I am still at the same place that I was one year ago at this time.

2 comments:

shirenesBEAN said...

At least you're still the great and amazing aunt you've always been! :D

LK said...

Oh lord, life is about Being not doing. Welcome to Zen, my friend. And Happy Birthday.