Friday, January 11, 2008

An ordinary day

Alarm rings at 7:45. Get up at 8:10, wash my face, brush my teeth, chose an outfit to wear, put on make up and go downstairs. Feed the fish, pack lunch, clean up husband's mess from last night and grab something that could be carried out the door for breakfast. The car ride is relaxing, start by listening to "On Air with Ryan Seacrest", and eventually dozing off to day dreaming and wondering about "what ifs". Make it to work right at 9:00. Get settled in, log onto the computer, say a few good mornings, get the morning cup of coffee and check mail box. Check work e-mail, check personal e-mail, check orkut account, check yahoo home page, check who is online at MSN messenger. Eat whatever that was grabbed last minute from home with my warm cup of coffee.
Meeting with supervisor at 9:30. Talked about cases, staff on my team, who is not doing their work, how to replace the one that is leaving, etc.
Check mail box.
Go back to my office. Check e-mails, write e-mails, proof-read progress notes, approve funds, chat with coworkers. Check personal e-mail, check orkut account, check yahoo home page, check MSN messenger, etc.
Its noon and time for lunch. Get W & M away from what they are doing to have lunch with me. Warm up the slice of gourmet pizza from last night and spread Ranch dressing on salad. Sit in the lunch room with W, M, and others present and eat, chat and gossip. E brought carrot walnut cake. Eat a slice with tea and talk about books and movies.
Back to my office. Proof read Incident Report, read e-mails, respond to e-mails, draft CSPs, print Compliance Report and hi light my team. Chat with co-workers. Check personal e-mail, check orkut account, check yahoo home page, check MSN messenger, etc.
Check mail box. Refill coffee.
Worried boss comes into the office about a HIPPA violation by some one on my team. Shit. I have to write some one up. That sucks.
2:00 meeting with A who is on my team and is having trouble completing and turning in his Audits. I am helping him get them done. I tell A that he needs to Discharge his old cases and stop procrastinating. He sais that it will be done on Monday.
Get some more coffee.
Check my box and head back to my office. Read e-mails, respond to e-mails, proof read progress notes, approve and sign time sheets, approve and sign mileage reimbursements, map quest directions for Monday's Training in Santa Ana. Check personal e-mail, check orkut account, check yahoo home page, check MSN messenger, etc.
Chat with co-workers.
Set up "out of office" reply on e-mail for Monday, final check on all accounts, log off of computer, put dot on "out" on the board, say my "have a good weekend"s and leave the building. Another day passed with out a major crisis, a disaster or drama.
Use car ride home to make phone calls. Talk to mom about my passport picture and why I need an Iranian ID card? Talk to sister about my opinion of the "Kite Runner" movie.
Get home. Water the plants, have a snack, turn on the computer and check movies for tonight. Write in my blog until husband comes home so we can go out to dinner and movie.
All in all, pretty damn good day!

No comments: